The call to 'dropdb' in proxy/buildconf/scripts/deploy fails and exits the script on first run on new machine.
fixed in master by 0da9eac206143aba527469b220b1dbbc8dc2a30d
do not exit if dropdb fails. There is no real good way to detect if
dropdb failed because of lack of schema to actual drop, postgresql is
down or being accessed by another user. So we'll just ignore the
exit code and rely on createdb to catch the failures.
If createdb fails because psql is down or being access by another user,
deploy script will fail.
1) deploy candlepin on a fresh machine. You will see that dropdb prints out an error message in the script output, but will NOT stop the script.
alternatively, you can test on an existing deployment of candlepin with these changes:
1) stop tomcat (sudo /sbin/service tomcat6 stop)
2) run dropdb -U candlepin candlepin
this should print no message indicating success.
3) verify dropdb by running it again:
dropdb -U candlepin candlepin
this second run should result in an error message:
dropdb: database removal failed: ERROR: database "candlepin" does not exist
4) now you have a CLEAN candlepin db that you can redeploy with:
this should work as expected resulting in a functional candlepin
5) verify candlepin is up and running with:
curl -k -u admin:admin https://localhost:8443/candlepin/status
should get something like this back:
Marking all community bugs modified or beyong as closed.