Description of problem:
After updating from F15 to F16, my external monitor stopped working.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. try to set up external monitor in F16
Tried nv, nouveau even nvidia (the official binaries with IgnoreABI) and none of them works. The monitor sometimes turn on with nouveau, but the image is mangled - seems like wrong refresh rate and after a few secs it turns off.
Working external lcd.
My GPU is:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M] (rev a2)
Thanks for the bug report. We have reviewed the information you have provided above, and there is some additional information we require that will be helpful in our diagnosis of this issue.
Please add drm.debug=0x04 to the kernel command line, restart computer, and attach
* your X server config file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf, if available),
* X server log file (/var/log/Xorg.*.log*; check with grep Backtrace /var/log/Xorg* which logs might be the most interesting ones, send us at least Xorg.0.log)
* output of the dmesg command, and
* system log (/var/log/messages)
to the bug report as individual uncompressed file attachments using the bugzilla file attachment link above.
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 521495 [details]
nouveau xorg log drm.debug=0x04
$ grep Backtrace /var/log/Xorg*
-> gives nothing
Created attachment 521497 [details]
Created attachment 521500 [details]
Created attachment 521501 [details]
Fixed, it was a HW problem.