Thanks to your langpacks section now in comps
I think we can and should now deprecate (well remove)
all the explicitly listed conditional langpacks from comps.
This will clean up things a lot. Can we still do this
for comps-f16 or is it better to wait still for F17?
I am happy to do the cleanup once given a green light.
I can also post this question to devel list if it needs
Paranoia makes me concerned about doing this for F-16. Maybe it's worth trying for beta though.
Ok then perhaps I could try pruning comps-f17 first then,
if you don't get there before me. :)
It occurred to us that maybe anaconda still needs them though?
Is anaconda already using yum-langpacks now? :)
It should be using it now.
Maybe anaconda needs a way to set langpack_locales,
hm or maybe it is not worth worrying about?
Perhaps we would need to keep the empty language groups around for that?
I have changed comps-f17.xml.in locally to remove
all of the conditional langpacks from language
support groups and currently also removing all the language
support groups that became empty by this.
$ git diff --stat
comps-f17.xml.in | 1519 +-----------------------------------------------------
1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1516 deletions(-)
(I dunno why diff is claiming +3 but anyway.)
It is a big change so I agree it is probably wiser to wait for f17,
though of course doing it now would allow us to test longer and make
any needed adjustments earlier.
I just sent out a headsup mail about the plan to devel list, etc
to allow any early discussion.
As first step I'd like to remove the langpack entries soon from comps-f17.
Then we can think more about how to handle the empty language support groups.
I have done the changes locally but I didn't have time to undo
the removal of the now empty lang groups. I can do that latter this month
(though not stopping anyone else from going ahead:).
Fixed in git.
Thanks! :) (just waiting for someone to merge them back now from f16;)