Bug 73663 - Newly encoded ogg files can't be played
Newly encoded ogg files can't be played
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: xmms (Show other bugs)
7.3
athlon Linux
medium Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Bill Nottingham
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2002-09-07 23:48 EDT by dmichaud
Modified: 2014-03-16 22:30 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2002-09-07 23:48:41 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description dmichaud 2002-09-07 23:48:35 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.0 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020408

Description of problem:
I used oggenc 1.0r3 (included in RH Linux 7.3) to create new 256k bitrate ogg
files. XMMS will not play them. It cycles through a bunch of bogus bitrates in
the display and outputs no sound. using ogg123 to play the files from the
command line works fine.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Use oggenc to encode a 256k bitrate ogg file under RHLinux 7.3
2.Try to play the file in XMMS
3.
	

Actual Results:  No sound is output, XMMS display jumps around and is apparently
confused by the ogg file

Expected Results:  The ogg file should have played back normally, just as it
does when I use ogg123 from the command line

Additional info:

I used grip as an oggenc frontend.

I can provide ogg files if you cannot reproduce.
Comment 1 dmichaud 2002-09-08 12:17:01 EDT
Turned out that the problem was the extension of the files was .mp3 and not
.ogg. XMMS gets confused by this.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.