Description of problem:
I just noticed a strange rpath issue with my PyQwt package.
Building the latest git version on F-16 and F-17 results in
"-rpath,/usr/lib64" being appended to the g++ compiler options.
Build logs of scratch builds are here:
However, building the latest git version on F-15 doesn't exhibit this
problem. See build log:
What has changed between F-15 and F-16 so that "-rpath,/usr/lib64" gets
appended to g++ options?
What is the best way to fix this?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Some additional background:
I raised the question on the devel mailing list and Kevin Kofler suggested it may be sip regression:
The easiest/quick-n-dirty method is to simply use
on the affected items in %install
(This is what I've done in PyQt4)
In the meantime, I'm looking into other options on the sip side of things...
I see you disabled the rpath stuff altogether by commenting it out now. An upstreamable version would probably check if the directory is one of the known system directories (/usr/lib and /usr/lib64, in particular), and add the rpath if and only if it's not known.
I thought about that, but still not quite good enough. It tries to rpath every -L<dir> , including (non-relative) ones in the build-tree. :(
but... that's still a start on something upstreamable anyway, I'll likely do that when I have more time to look at it.
Yesterday, I did scratch builds of the latest git version of PyQwt (the same version as used originally when filing this bug report), and the rpath issue
is no longer present in the latest rawhide rebuild:
However, it remains in the F-16 rebuild:
What has changed between this and the last rawhide rebuild?
Can the same trick be used to fix the rebuild on F-16?
The latest sip build in rawhide pretty much nukes all rpath'ing done, which may introduce other problems, so I wanted to test it a bit more before doing any < rawhide updates.
In the meantime, my short-term recommendation is still to use chrpath
Ok, I rebuilt PyQwt on rawhide, which uses your modified sip.
For F-16, I added the chrpath work-around and pushed an update:
sip-4.12.4-2.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing sip-4.12.4-2.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
sip-4.12.4-2.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.