Bugzilla will be upgraded to version 5.0 on a still to be determined date in the near future. The original upgrade date has been delayed.
Bug 73755 - setfont manpage says "start_unicode"; should say "unicode_start"
setfont manpage says "start_unicode"; should say "unicode_start"
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: kbd (Show other bugs)
i686 Linux
medium Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Eido Inoue
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2002-09-10 05:18 EDT by Barry K. Nathan
Modified: 2008-05-01 11:38 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2003-01-05 21:55:07 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Barry K. Nathan 2002-09-10 05:18:29 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020830

Description of problem:
The setfont manpage mentions a "start_unicode(1)" manpage, when the actual
command and page are named "unicode_start".

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
1. man setfont
2. Notice "start_unicode" reference
3. man start_unicode

Actual Results:  "No manual entry for start_unicode"

Expected Results:  Expected to see "unicode_start" in step 2, which would change
step 3 to "man unicode_start", which works

Additional info:

I just noticed another mention of "start_unicode", in the SEE ALSO section of
the setfont manpage.

"Workaround" (if you can call it that): man -k unicode (this is how I found the
actual manpage which the setfont manpage was supposed to mention in reality)
Comment 1 Eido Inoue 2003-01-05 21:55:07 EST
fixed in 1.08.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.