Description of problem:
virt-manager shows several fields with the appearance of editable text boxes, even though no edits can be made to those fields. These should be shown as labels instead.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Edit->Connection Details of a qemu connection
2. Select the "Network Interfaces" tab, and look at the MAC: field for an interface
3. Try to highlight that MAC address, for pasting somewhere else
4. Select the "Virtual Networks" tab, and look at the Network: field
5. Try editing the Network field
3. MAC field is shown as a label, but it is not highlightable, so it can't be copied.
5. Network: field is shown as an editable text box, but refuses edits. For now, the fact that the data is uneditable is a design decision (I'll open a separate bug for an RFE to change that design), but the GUI should make this obvious by displaying as a label.
3. Even when not editable, labels describing information about a guest must be assumed to be useful as something that can be highlighted, copied, and pasted elsewhere.
5. When not editable, a field should be shown as a label instead of a text box. I'm not sure how many fields throughout virt-manager fit this category; I noticed it with the host's networks, but there may be other fields also needing improvement.
Found during Fedora Virt Test Day:
(In reply to comment #0)
> 5. Network: field is shown as an editable text box, but refuses edits. For
> now, the fact that the data is uneditable is a design decision (I'll open a
> separate bug for an RFE to change that design)
bug 738758 for the RFE to make it editable
Thanks for the report, fixed upstream:
virt-manager-0.9.0-6.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing virt-manager-0.9.0-6.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
virt-manager-0.9.0-6.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.