Description of Problem:
Because this package contains unowned directories, they will be created
with the current umask. When having restrictive administrator settings
(umask 077) ordinary user will not have access to them and can not use
Another problem occurs when removing packages. Then orphaned directories
| $ rpm -qf /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI/BStrap
| file /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI is not owned by any package
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. umask 077
2. make sure that pxe is uninstalled completely
(rm -rf /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI)
3. rpm -U pxe-0.1-33.i386.rpm
4. ls -l /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI
5. try to use the programs/scripts/libraries/data of the package as
6. rpm -e pxe-0.1-33
* at 4:
| drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 13 17:44 /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI
* files can not be found/read at 5 and
* /tftpboot/X86PC/UNDI still exists after 6.
We are dropping support for pxe in the RHEL release and will drop it from future
Red Hat Linux release.
We are recommending that you use dhcp/pxelinux for X86 platforms.