Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 739807
add support for msgctxt in PO files
Last modified: 2012-03-06 21:03:16 EST
Description of problem:
For software translation, the msgctxt in po files will be wiped out when pulling from zanata server.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Server: Zanata version 1.3 (20110509-2113)
Client: zanata python client 1.3.0
Steps to Reproduce:
ibus-chewing has msgctxt
1. git clone git://github.com/definite/ibus-chewing.git
2. cd ibus-chewing; cmake .; make
3. Assume that ~/.config/zanata.ini contain correct server and user information
4. Assume zanata contains the project ibus-chewing and correct version.
5. zanata push --srcdir=po --transdir=po --push-trans --project-type=gettext
6. zanata pull --srcdir=po --transdir=po --push-trans
7. git diff
git diff shows that msgctxt lines are removed.
msgctxt lines are preserved.
We need store msgctxt in the database, as a column in the HTextFlow table. This will require an extension to the REST API, and changes to the Maven and Python clients' handling of the TextFlow's resId field.
Please take a reference for rhbz#750675, the maven client and python client have already support for msgctxt now.
The zanata-python-client 1.3.2 have pushed to update-testing, please check out the new version to test the msgctxt function.
VERIFIED with 1.3.3-25-g7cff
This bug fix is already include in version 1.3.3