Description of problem:
1) When sorting a list of items in the Systems list page, the controller first gets a list of items based on a page size and then sorts them. So for example if the page size is 25 and I have 30 servers with the first one starting at A and the last one starting at Z, when I do a descending sort on name, what I 'd get is the First 25 randomly returned by the server based on the page size and then a sort of the result set. So the last server starting with the name Z won't show up. This is probably undesirable behaviour and diverges from typical expectations on pagination and sorting.
2) The endless scroll does not keep the sorting in mind. Its just based of an offset value. We should make the endless scroll preserve the sort order.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register 30+ system, you may want o use the bulk-loader script.
2. Go to systems list page and sort by name on systems.
3. Scroll to the end of the page.
The items added to the list are not sorted and some of them may even be duplicated.
Sorted results appended to the scroll.
Should be fixed in master:
mass ON_QA move
Reassigned to developer as things will change in relation to how searches are handled. Also filed https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=797286 which resulted from verifying this issue.
Should be fixed in katello master:
mass move ON_QA after brewing
Created attachment 568727 [details]
Fails QA, left pane does not stay sorted once extended scroll kicks in.
1) add 30 systems
2) sort by name
3) scroll down
(see screenshot - google chrome 17)
I recommend this be deferred to post-v1. not a blocker by any means.
Looks like extended scroll was actually misbehaving in general:
Verified, Katello Version: 0.2.8-1.git.24.b178f46.el6
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
getting rid of 6.0.0 version since that doesn't exist