after logging in as admin and using the setup there will be left over defunct passwd processes
Could you prepare the detail test steps to verify this bug, we can not reproduce it with our test steps.
our test steps:
1. login as admin user.
2. F2 to shell.
3. run 'exit' to return to setup.
4. ssh admin@ip address.
5. F2 to shell
7. #ps -ef|grep defunc
we can not reproduce this issue, there is no defunct passwd process.
those steps should be enough to reproduce it, Steve can you tell us if they were reproduced by doing anything else
Actually, I get in another way.
1) login as admin
2) press F10
3) choose any log
4) Enter ":!!/bin/sh" when the log is on the screen
5) this should drop you to a command prompt, if not try again and make sure !! is on the line. It seems to discard the first one.
6) ps -ef | grep passwd
ok just retried it and the patch is still good
Verified on 6.2-20111006 build:
1. Press F8 and choose any log, enter ":!!/bin/sh" cannot drop to shell.
2. `ps -ef | grep passwd`, no defunct passwd process.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.