Description of problem:
After migration, the virtual tray is closed and unlocked, even when it wasn't before.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a guest with CD drive, empty is fine
2. In guest, run "eject /i on /dev/sr0"
3. In monitor, run "info block" to confirm the tray is locked
5. loadvm (I do that in a new instance of qemu-kvm)
6. info block
Step 3 shows locked=1, but step 6 shows locked=0
Step 6 still shows locked=1
Tray open/closed behaves the same, but isn't as easy to observe as locked.
Reproduced this issue on qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.172.el6.x86_64, the tray is unlocked after migration. And Verified it on the fixed version qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.200.el6.x86_64, the tray is locked after migration.
1. Start a guest with CD drive
2. In guest, run "eject -i on /dev/sr0"
3. In monitor of the src, run "info block" to confirm the tray is locked
4. Do live migration
(dst) <CLI> -incoming tcp:0:<port>
5. In monitor of the dst, run "info block" to confirm the tray whether is locked
Reproduced: After the step 3 shows "locked=1", and after the step 5 shows "locked=0".
Verified: After the step 3 shows "locked=1", and after the step 5 shows "locked=1".
Above all, this issue has been fixed.
We also did virtual block and usb device functional testing,did not find block
or regression bugs.
Moving to ON_QA because Errata Tool did not do it
Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
Cause: CD-ROM tray state wasn't migrated
Consequence: migration closed and unlocked tray
Fix: migrate tray state
Result: migration leaves tray alone
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.