Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 745470
missing options in manual pages of client tools
Last modified: 2013-03-03 20:29:57 EST
Description of problem:
ldapsearch man page doesn't specify option to follow referrals.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. To follow referrals, '-C' option can be used with ldapsearch.
ldapsearch -xv -h <hostname> -b "dc=example,dc=com" -C uid=user1
2. Check if "man ldapsearch" or "ldapsearch -h" lists the '-C' option.
'-C' option is not listed in the manpage of ldapsearch.
'-C' option should be mentioned in the manpage.
Created attachment 564963 [details]
I found multiple missing parameters: -C, -o, -N
The changes were reviewed by docs team. I will submit upstream soon.
Upstream considers '-C' as an obsolete and intentionally undocumented option.
Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
- always, outdated manual page
- options '-o', '-N' missing in manual pages for OpenLDAP client tools
- manual pages were updated, upstream changes were included
- manual pages for OpenLDAP client tools include all missing options and are more consistent across the tools
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.