From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020826
Description of problem:
When I choose imap for the mail server it does not load the folders i have on
the mail server. I have done the same thing in mozilla's mail program and it
works properly. I have used evolution in past versions and it worked properly also.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2.select mail accounts and then edit my account
3.select imap for the incoming server
Actual Results: does nothing
Expected Results: should show the folders on the imap server.
If you run `CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution-mail` from a terminal, wait 5-10
seconds and then start evolution, what sort of output do you get in the terminal
when you try to see your imap folders?
Also, what is the server side running?
I tried it and in the terminal window nothing comes back but a carriage return
to the next line. I don't know what the server is running but i can tell you
that mozilla mail works perfectly with it.
Yes, you won't get any output in the terminal with evolution-mail running until
after evolution starts and tries to do mail operations -- if you don't get
anything then, you probably need to let the evolution-mail process wait longer
before starting evolution.
When I open evolution and send/get messages it attempts to get them and then
comes back with no messages. In prior releases this process immediately
retrieved mail as it does now with mozilla-mail. If I edit the account and
change the server from imap to pop then it will retrieve messages even though it
is a imap mail server. What would you like to do in order to debug this?
And you don't get any output from the evolution-mail process? Do you get output
from it when you switch to POP?
That is correct.
I will just add that I had problems with evolution and IMAP as well. It also
would not load my inbox from /var/spool/mail and my IMAP
Returned to using Kmail and Mozilla Mail...both work fine.
I have the same problem here. Our server is Red Hat 7.2, fully up2date, running
the Red Hat imap package in SSL mode (imaps).
No problems in other clients. I've attached the debug output from the command
mentioned, just in case it doesn't come from someone else.
Created attachment 80424 [details]
Debug output from eveolution-mail
Running Evolution against an IMAP server on the same machine / user also ends
uphogging CPU since it recursively follows a symbolic link from
~user/.openoffice/user/work -> ~user.
Mozilla mail in the same circumstances doesn't try to be clever...
System is a fresh install of RH8.0
Hello. Is anyone home. I would still like to get evolution working on my laptop.
evolution 1.2.x in rawhide handles imap namespaces much more correctly according
to the imap rfcs, which should work around this problem.