Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 746174
Writer incorrectly stores numbering restart for odt documents
Last modified: 2012-02-16 19:57:02 EST
Description of problem:
I have one odt file when use many numeric list. It try it numerate through full document. I choose after each header from context menu "Begin numeration from start" (it may be some different, I use Russian language for work). Numeration changed as intended. Then I save document. Close writer. Open document again - and numeration change not stored.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
# rpm -qa 'libreoffice*'
I don't understand the problem. Can you attach an example, or a step by step guide to reproduce.
Created attachment 529632 [details]
Small problem reproduce
Ok, ok, it is my bad, sorry.
1. Open attached odt file. It is on Russian, but it shouldn't be problem.
2. Document contain 2 headers and two lists. All items enumerated continiusely 1-5.
3. Then press right mouse button on 3. numbered list item and choose "Restart Numbering". Numbering restarted and second list became 1-3 instead of 3-5.
4. Save and close Writer (may close and save by exit rexuest, there no differencies).
5. Open document again. All items enumerated as initially through document 1-5.
Confirmed, caolanm->mstahl: can you find out if its a regression from an earlier version and try and track it down.
seems that under very special circumstances we don't export a list restart
if the paragraph has only the restart flag set but no start value set.
not a regression as far as i can tell; broken since OOo 3.0.1 at least.
fixed upstream master:
It is great news! Michael thank you very much!
When awaiting release and that fix landed to Fedora updates?
fixed in upstream libreoffice-3-5 branch as well:
also added the patch to the Fedora f16 branch,
should be in the next update.
libreoffice-184.108.40.206-2.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing libreoffice-220.127.116.11-2.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
libreoffice-18.104.22.168-5.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
libreoffice-22.214.171.124-5.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.