2. What is the nature and description of the request?
The authentication error displayed "Failed: ConnectionFailed - (None, 'No acceptable SASL authentication mechanism available')" doesn't convey the exact information to the user. Mentioning SASL authentication unavailable is ambiguous from user's perspective. Throwing an exception like "authentication credentials required" would improve clarity.
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
The error message is clear and the user understands the problem.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Change the error message to something meaningful to the user, such as "Authentication required".
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully
The error message should be meaningful to the user.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
7. How quickly does this need resolved? (desired target release)
Next, minor release (?)
8. Does this request meet the RHEL Bug and Feature Inclusion Criteria
9. List the affected packages
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Is this still a relevant request, in that is this still the current behavior? I ask because this might have been handled in the long period that it's been hibernating since it's a reasonable quality of life enhancement.
I'm not sure. I'll assign it to the next major release for investigation.
(In reply to Frank Hirtz from comment #3)
> Is this still a relevant request, in that is this still the current
> behavior? I ask because this might have been handled in the long period that
> it's been hibernating since it's a reasonable quality of life enhancement.
Committed revision 1607086.
The error message generated when authentication credentials are required and missing is modified and more clear: "AuthenticationFailure: Anonymous connections disabled, missing credentials".
Verified on qpid-tools-0.30-1 on Rhel6.6-i386 and x86_64.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.