Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 747845
ibus panel status icon cannot open menu item on gnome-shell
Last modified: 2011-10-24 23:37:48 EDT
ibus-gnome3 is used for the ibus and gnome-shell integration on GNOME3:
How to reproduce:
1. Install ibus-gnome3 and gnome-shell
2. Enable ibus-gnome3 extension using gsettings, gnome-tweak-tool or gnome-shell-extension-tool:
3. Log into GNOME desktop with gnome-shell and click ibus icon.
The result is ibus status icon cannot show the menu item.
This bug is new in gnome-shell-3.2.1 but not happened in gnome-shell-3.2.0.
ibus-1.4.0-5.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing ibus-1.4.0-5.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
ibus-1.4.0-5.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.