Created attachment 530914 [details]
The log saved by abrt which I was trying to submit to bugzilla directly.
Description of problem:
I was trying to report a crash using Abrt crash report tool, however when it was going to create the bug in Bugzilla, it terminated with the below error:
Checking for duplicates
Creating a new bug
fatal: XML-RPC(-510): 122-byte supposed UTF-8 string is not valid UTF-8. UTF-8 multibyte sequence contains character 0x27, which does not indicate continuation.
(exited with 1)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run ccsm in fa_IR.utf8 locale
2. Try to enable wobbly window plugin while snapping window plugin is enabled so that a conflict occurs and ccsm is expected to bring up a window to resolve the conflict
3. ccsm crashes
4. Try to report the crash using abrt
Abrt will give you the above error message
Abrt should successfully file a new bug for the crash
The crash report log saved by Abrt is attached
- need to use utf_sanitize() function which we use for dbus calls
Fixed in libreport git (65f813f6a819f7ec2e29c315deceb3db566105fa).
abrt-2.0.9-1.fc17, libreport-2.0.10-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
Package abrt-2.0.9-1.fc17, libreport-2.0.10-1.fc17:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing abrt-2.0.9-1.fc17 libreport-2.0.10-1.fc17'
as soon as you are able to, then reboot.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
abrt-2.0.10-1.fc17,libreport-2.0.10-2.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
abrt-2.0.10-1.fc17, libreport-2.0.10-2.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.