From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)
Description of problem:
Installer hangs on the switchdesk package switchdesk-3.9.8-9.i386.rpm.
In the console (CTRL-ALT-F3) I can see that the installer is in a loop trying
to find file switchdesk-3.9.8-9.i386.rpm.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Perform an installation
2. Once the packages begin to install and around 1Gb is installed it hangs on
3. switch to virtual console 3 and you can see the error
I resolved this error, performing the following:
4. In console 2 I unmounted the cdrom ("umount /mnt/source")
5. eject cdrom
6. insert cdrom again
7. mount cdrom ("mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/source")
8. Installation finds the file, recovers and continues
Obviously something needs to be addressed as to why it could not read from the
cd I have no idea.
This is very similar to bug 75541.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 75541 ***