Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 767537
openjdk does not include fix from oracle, needed for Windows kerberos interoparability
Last modified: 2012-06-20 09:51:19 EDT
Description of problem:
Channel Binding for the Kerberos Protocol is implemented incorrectly, causing interopability problems with Windows Server 2008/Internet Explorer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Oracle has released a patch to this problem, but it is not included in openjdk as provided by Redhat.
* Setup a AD Domain with W2K8
* Microsoft IE patch KB974455 enabled "Extended Protection" for Integrated Windows Authentication is installed (default now!)
* Add RHEL6 Client to AD Domain
* Install tomcat and for instance spnego.sf.net and configure a Web Kerberos SSO (or CAS from jasig or shibboleth from internet2.org )
* Use the Internet Explorer to authenticate a websession
* You get this java exception.
GSSException: Channel binding mismatch (Mechanism level: ChannelBinding not provided!)
More and background information is provided in ticket
Please add the patch which is provided in the icedtea bugzilla to openjdk.
I have requested a backport upstream:
Once there, I will request for IcedTea and we can then do RHEL builds.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.