Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 769127
HP LaserJet 1020 - Printer does not print.
Last modified: 2011-12-21 11:14:53 EST
Created attachment 548726 [details]
Output of printing troubleshooter.
Description of problem:
HP LaserJet 1020 has been detected and a queue has been set. Printing from any application does not result in the actual page printed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Every time. Except when I have previously printed on windows. Then it does print. May be an issue with some firmware not uploading correctly.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Install hplip
- Gnome (or the apropiate component) detectes the printer and prompts to
install various packages.
- At the end of the process the printer queue was installed and reported no errors.
- I sent a print job (a test page) to the printer queue. The job was processed
within some seconds and removed from printer queue.
No page was printed
Page should print.
Seems that you actually use foo2zjs and not hplip.
- remove the foo2zjs package
- make sure you have hplip installed
- remove the printer queue
- create new printer queue
- install proprietary plugin which you printer needs to work with hplip. You can do that with 'hp-plugin'.
- attach another troubleshooter output
The reason foo2zjs is getting used here now is probably because (a) rpmfusion.org is enabled on this system, and (b) rpmfusion.org's foo2zjs package now provides IEEE 1284 Device IDs for printer models it supports.
It would be worth reporting a bug to the foo2zjs packagers by following the instructions here:
To try HPLIP as Jiri suggests above, first disable the rpmfusion.org repository (you can re-enable it afterwards).
- Delete print queue
- Remove foo2zjs.
- Removed printer queue
- Connect printer. Gnome shell asks me to install foo2zjs again to setup the printer queue.
Restart testing without RPMFusion.
- Delete print queue.
- Disable RPMFusion (Free & Free Updates)
- yum update
- Gnome shells reports that printer is detected and the drivers are installing, but never reports if the operation succeeded or not. foo2zjs is not requested to be installed.
- Confirm queue has been created on system-config-printer.
- Print test page. Job is stuck indefinitely in queue with status: "stopped".
- Purge print queue.
- hp-plugin is already installed, but fails to run because hplip-gui is not installed. Installing.
- Run hp-plugin, installs driver and printer is working.
I'll close this bug and forward this bug bug to RPMFusion.