Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 77249
After updating from RH7.1 to RH8.0, httpd (apache) won't start because modules refered to in the httpd.conf file are bad
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:48:08 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020513
Description of problem:
I was running Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) PHP/4.0.6 mod_perl/1.24_01
when I updated from RH 7.2 to RH 8.0. After updating, httpd won't start.
[root@angel root]# /usr/sbin/httpd -t
Syntax error on line 219 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `includes_module' in file /etc/httpd
/modules/mod_include.so: /usr/lib/libapr.so.0: undefined symbol: inclu
I have been experimenting with commenting out lines from the httpd.conf file
and I have found several modules with these errors. I suspect that this isn't
the problem - it is elsewhere.
Syntax error on line 213 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_log_referer.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_log_referer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
212:#?? LoadModule config_log_module modules/mod_log_config.so
213:#?? LoadModule agent_log_module modules/mod_log_agent.so
214:#?? LoadModule referer_log_module modules/mod_log_referer.so
220:#?? LoadModule includes_module modules/mod_include.so
221:#?? Can't locate API module structure `includes_module' in file
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_include.so: /usr/lib/libapr.so.0: undefined symbol:
227:#??LoadModule action_module modules/mod_actions.so
228:#?? Can't locate API module structure `action_module' in file
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_actions.so: /usr/lib/libapr.so.0: undefined symbol:
are typical. Any advice?
This problem was reported to Redhat as Service Request 218040.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Expected Results: The web server should have started
I "fixed" the problem by commenting out some of the lines in the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file and my web server is working now. Insofar as I
know it is working properly - but it may be that I am not testing it very well.
Another way to deal with the problem would have been to replace apache 2.0.40
with 1.3.27, but the dependences made that problematical.
What is the output of:
$ cd /etc/httpd
$ readlink modules
$ rpm -qf modules/mod_include.so
No reproduction case was discovered for this issue; closing.