Bug 7754 - Anaconda locale problems with es_MX, an detection of SiS 620 video Card
Summary: Anaconda locale problems with es_MX, an detection of SiS 620 video Card
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: installer
Version: 6.1
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jay Turner
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 1999-12-11 17:34 UTC by Juan Diego
Modified: 2015-01-07 23:40 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2000-02-09 21:24:28 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Juan Diego 1999-12-11 17:34:17 UTC
Hi...
I found some problems with installer, for example anaconda can't detect
properly the video card SiS 620, i've search it in kudzu pcitable, and i
didn't found it.. so i have added it.... the pci entry i used is...

0x1039  0x6306  "Card:SiS 620"  "Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]|620"

It worked fine, with the card, now we can perform a graphic installation
with this video card, and the entries to Xconfigurator work fine...

the file modified is...


/RedHat/instimage/usr/share/kudzu/pcitable

just add the line, and go...

About the es_MX, i found this problem, when I went to do something like...

[root@geo12 /root]# rm lolis
rm: ?borrar `lolis'? (s/n) s
[root@geo12 /root]# ls -l lolis
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root            5 Dec 11 07:37 lolis
[root@geo12 /root]#

so, the file was not erased, then i changed the definition in
/etc/sysconfig/i18n to...

LANG="es_ES"
LC_ALL="es_ES"
LINGUAS="es_ES"

Ok, this when the system is already installed, but we can fix this in the
installer program...

the archive to modify is this...

RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/todo.py

in the class Language...
class Language (SimpleConfigFile):
    def __init__ (self):
        self.info = {}
        self.langs = {
            "Czech"      : "cs_CZ" ,
            "English"    : "en_US" ,
            "German"     : "de_DE" ,
            "Hungarian"  : "hu_HU" ,
            "Icelandic"  : "is_IS" ,
            "Indonesian" : "id_ID" ,
            "Italian"    : "it_IT" ,
            "Norwegian"  : "no_NO" ,
            "Polish"     : "pl_PL" ,
            "Romanian"   : "ro_RO" ,
            "Slovak"     : "sk_SK" ,
            "Slovenian"  : "sl_SI" ,
            "Spanish"    : "es_ES" ,
            "Russian"    : "ru_RU.KOI8-R" ,
            "Ukrainian"  : "uk_UA" ,
            }

The originale line said...
            "Spanish"    : "es_MX" ,

and i changed it to...

            "Spanish"    : "es_ES" ,

Now, the installation perform well in spanish (Oh, sorry my bad english,
spanish is my native language :) and all ths system is already correctly
located, (Kde, Gnome. mc, etc...).

I hope we can share this to all...

By.

Juan Diego

Comment 1 Jay Turner 2000-02-09 21:23:59 UTC
Fixed in the latest installer available in RawHide.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.