From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)
Description of problem:
When I run any web browser and surf the internet for a while it crashes my
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2.Explore the internet for a few minutes
Actual Results: Computer Freezes
I have DSL connection with 850 Lexington2 motherboard & P4-478 2.53Ghz NW
Processor with an integrated ethernet card
I have also tried to reinstall Red Hat Linux and have also reconfigured the
network and ethernet settings
-> XFree - but not a lot of information here...
Please attach your X server log and config file using the link below.
Created attachment 85145 [details]
I believe this is the the config log if not please email back and give location
I am a new user to Redhat, and am not sure where I can locate the X-server log
so if you could please tell me where to locate it it would be appreciated. Thanks
I have just installed a PCI ethernet card and I am getting faster speed and have
not had a crash yet. I am starting to wonder if it could possibly be a conflict
between Redhat and my integrated ethernet card. Could that possibly be what has
been causing me problems?
You haven't attached the needed information as requested. While I realize
you are a newbie and may not know where the files are, you could have asked
on a mailing list or something. I cycle through all bugs and the time it
takes to get back around again can be a long time, so it is best if people
provide all information the first time, or as quickly as possible.
Also provide the output of "lsmod" from while X is running.
Created attachment 88847 [details]
Here is the /var/log/XFree86.0.log.
Created attachment 88848 [details]
This is the /var/log/messages.
Created attachment 88849 [details]
This is the /etc/X11/XF86Config.
After I installed an Linksys LNE100TX everything has seemed to run smoothly and
I have had no problems with it freezing. I believe that the integrated ethernet
card on my motherboard was not compatible. I am satisfied with the speed that I
am getting and do not need anymore feedback on this bug. But if you need more
information to help others who have the same problem and provide a patch for it
I am willing to help.
Ok, this sounds like it was a hardware issue then, and unrelated to XFree86.
Glad to see you've got things going ok now though. I'll close this as
notabug for now. Thanks.