From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020827
Description of problem:
Installer has unhandled exception error during installation from disc 1,
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot from CDROM
2. Begin workstation installation
Actual Results: All configuration settings were accepted, disk partition
formatted properly, but install failed during openjade package install.
Expected Results: Install should complete normally.
1. The disc set I am using is an Official Red Hat Linux disc set which came in
my boxed set. I have used these discs to install *many* systems successfully in
2. Linux mediacheck passed, as expected.
3. This failure occurs regardless of whether or not I do a bad block check
during partition formating.
4. I have tried two different CD ROM drives from different manufacturers,
neither made a difference.
5. Attempting to do a text install resulted in the same thing.
Created attachment 85064 [details]
anaconda dump for bug 77868
This error occurs due to bad reads from the CD drive. These reads appear to be
intermittant in some cases. I would recommend you ask for a replacement set of CDs.