Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 79279
Blank package name search returns junk on Advanced Search page
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:48:56 EDT
Description of Problem: Should probably limit the package name search to 3
characters as well.
Also, this may need to be optimized:
Additional comment by firstname.lastname@example.org on 2002-12-07 14:26:47
package search "works" but it doesn't behave like system search. it still uses
the old query_into_set instead of the newer datasource-driven mechanism. rob
and I have cleaned up the system search to be a bit more datasource-friendly.
the errata and package search need to be done similarly, else we end up with the
same search mishmash we had before. this should be an easy conversion; rob or I
can help if there are any questions with how we did things. once that has been
done, I will optimize the queries to improve performance. one of the problems
with the current search is that it should only store the latest versions of
packages in the set, not store all matches and expect the elaborator to filter
it as it seems to do now.
now if you do a search w/o typing text in, it just takes you to the search page
of the appropriate type.
Looks good on dev, closing.