Description of Problem:
Tool tip on RP3 dialer gnome applet stays active until a network connection is established. If a connection is never established, the tool tip is not deactivated.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Display the RP3 dialer applet on a gnome panel.
2. Hover over the "connect" button on the applet. Two tool tips are displayed: "Click to connect to ppp0" (or similar) and "Connect". (Hmm, two tool tips at the same time? Could be another bug here.)
3. Click the button. The second tool tip ("Connect") is deactivated. The "Change Connection Status" dialog is displayed
4. In the Change Connection Status window, click "No".
5. The first tool tip ("Click to connect to ppp0") is still displayed. It will continue to be displayed until the cursor is moved onto and away from the "connect" button.
Similar things happen when disconnecting.
The "Click to connect to ppp0" tool tip stays displayed until the cursor is moved onto and then away from the "connect" button.
After a few seconds, the tool tip should disappear whether a connection was established or not. The user should not have to take further action to make the tool tip vanish.
this is more a gtk bug...
This applet wasn't shipped in 8.0, was it? This could easily be a GTK+
bug, an libpanel-applet bug, or an applet bug; but if it is only occurring
in an applet we don't ship anymore, linked against old versions of the
libraries, I'm just going to close WONTFIX.
not shipped in 8.0 ... as the bugreport says, this is Version 7.3