* Get F17 Alpha RC4 x86-64 DVD
* Write it to USB: livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --efi Fedora-17-Alpha-x86_64-DVD.iso /dev/sdd1
* Try to boot from the USB stick via EFI
For me this fails - error message is "Error 15: File not found" after grub boot screen pops up correctly.
I don't think this is really enough to count as a blocker, as various other USB boot methods and EFI boot methods work, only this specific combo fails.
The findiso grub command appears to be causing problems when booting from USB created with livecd-iso-to-disk.
livecd-tools-17.6-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing livecd-tools-17.6-1.fc17'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
livecd-tools-17.7-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
livecd-tools-17.7-1.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.