There seems to be a problem with the updated package for bind. After
upgrading all the servers to the new RPM we found that named would lock
after about 18-19 hours of heavy use. It would grow to a state where it
would snarf about 86% of the memory and require a kill -9 to get it
back....It would totally stop responding.
I have since compiled and installed the 8.2.2-P5 source from ftp.isc.org
and all seems well. Been running for 2 days now and sitting steady at
about 48% of memory...
The machine is running a 450Mhz P2 with 128Megs and is a caching only
name server for resolution requests.
Hope this helps.
- Mike Smith
Doesn't happen here... Does it happen for you with the 8.8.2-P5 package from Raw
Can't be reproduced - closing the report because we didn't get any further