Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 803583
RFE: ibus-setup Keyboard layout selection drop down list needs to be more user friendly
Last modified: 2016-07-31 21:31:34 EDT
Description of problem:
In Ibus preferences, go to the Input Method and select the option "Show all input methods", the drop down menu closes, and then need to click again on "Select an input method" to view those input methods under "Show all input methods" option.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Ibus->Preferences and select "Input Method" tab.
2. Click on "Select an input method", you can find the "Show all input methods" option in the drop down menu, click on this option.
3. You can see the drop down list closes and need to click again on "Select an input method" to view lists under "Show all input methods" option.
When the "Show all input methods" is selected, without closing the drop down list, other input methods must be listed.
(In reply to comment #0)
> Expected results:
> When the "Show all input methods" is selected, without closing the drop down
> list, other input methods must be listed.
> Additional info:
Probably I don't think so.
Almost engines likes m17n are not needed for other locales by default.
The "Show all input methods" list is handled by the current locale.
Probably I'd like to close this at the moment.
I agree with you completely. What I meant was, when I select the Input method tab and click on Select an input method option, I get the screen as attached. Then once when I click the + sign to show all other input methods, it should list down the other iput methods without closing the dropdown list for "select an input method" option. ie, the + and - sign should work in one click without cloing the main drop down list.
Steps for easy understanding:-
1. Click on Input Method tab -> Select an input method. Here I get the first drop down menu. (Screenshor for the first drop down menu attached)
2. Then when I click on the + sign, it should open the second drop down menu (screenshot for the second drop down menu attached)for the other iput methods without closing the first drop down menu
Thank you for your time :)
Created attachment 570211 [details]
First drop down menu
Created attachment 570212 [details]
Second drop down menu
OK, probably I understood your problem.
Unfortunately the problem would be the limitation in GtkCombobox.
Probably I think the GUI part needs to be replaced with another one to satisfy your request.
I'm thinking it would be better to replace 'Select an input method' pull-down menu with a button to invoke another window.
Probably it's almost no time for Fedora 17 and I'd like to have a look at this in Fedora 18.
ibus-1.5.8-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 20 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing ibus-1.5.8-1.fc20'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
ibus-1.5.8-1.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.