Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 804730
Updates in Getting Started with Mobile RichFaces needed
Last modified: 2013-06-27 08:18:20 EDT
Description of problem:
There were some changed made in community version of this document. Productized document should be updated accordingly.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. The second paragraph refers to RichFaces 4.1.0, latest version is 4.2.0 which will probably change in future. Consider ommiting RichFaces version in the document.
2. The first code snippet is not indented correctly.
3. The context parameter in first code snippet should be changed from org.richfaces.resourceMapping.enabled to org.richfaces.resourceOptimization.enabled
Retargeted to 2.0.0.GA
Further information from Bruno Oliveira on required updates, correspondence from email:
Following our recent updates on Aerogear we need to replace the term POH5 from the docs. I would like to suggest some changes.
* In the abstract section (http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2/html/Getting_Started_With_HTML5_Mobile_Web_Development/index.html).
"This book is a guide to getting started with HTML5 and REST. This approach uses a pure HTML5 based front-end that interacts with server-side content through RESTful endpoints."
* At the section 2.2 (http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2/html/Getting_Started_With_HTML5_Mobile_Web_Development/jboss-feedback.html)
I would like to replace "the component doc-Getting-Started-With-HTML5-Mobile-RichFaces" by "the component doc-Getting-Started-With-HTML5-Mobile-Web-Development-With-JBoss". Just to keep compatible with our reference on Aerogear site.
* At the getting started section 1.1 (http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2/html/Getting_Started_With_HTML5_Mobile_Web_Development/ch01.html)
"This guide is a walkthrough of creating a new HTML5 mobile application with REST resources using a Maven archetype, deploying it to the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6, and executing server/client test suites. It also provides an overview of basic behaviour of the application including both command line and JBoss Developer Studio instructions."
* At the Step two section 1.2.1 (http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2/html/Getting_Started_With_HTML5_Mobile_Web_Development/sect-deploying.html) feel free to update to 1.0.0.M4
"mvn archetype:generate \
* In the section 1.3 (http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2/html/Getting_Started_With_HTML5_Mobile_Web_Development/ch01s03.html), images should be updated (I just attached them to this e-mail)
* The chapter 2 (http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2/html/Getting_Started_With_HTML5_Mobile_Web_Development/chap-further-info.html) is outdated. Please take a look here https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HTML5MobileQuickstartArchetypeDeepDive
Whoops, got my getting started guides mixed up!
For the first half of this bug (and the correct half!), the GSG with Mobile RichFaces, the results of my corrections will be available here very soon:
I had to take out the XML highlighting for the third code sample because it was rendering incorrectly. Thanks for the feedback, Pavol.
Rebecca, there is still wrong indentation in the second code sample (tag <link>) in chapter 2.
Hey Pavol, should it all be in line with each other like this:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://raw.github.com/richfaces/components/develop/mobile-compatibility/slidfast.css" />
I tweaked it a bit more, it should work this time.
Yes, now it looks good :)
last code sample in the second chapter refers to old archetype.
The most recent (and correct) version is 4.2.2.Final
Hey Pavol I have updated the guide to reflect the version of RichFaces mentioned in that code sample as being 4.2.2.Final.
It should be live within the hour (by the time you see this), can you please verify.
It is ok now.
there is wrong version of RichFaces, archetype version is 4.2.3.Final (chapter 2). There is also WFK 2.0.0 mentioned, it should be changed to 2.1.0.
Changes viewable here: http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/2.1/html/Getting_Started_With_Mobile_RichFaces/ar01s02.html