Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 806879
Apparent discrepancy between Dashboard > System Subscription Status and Systems > All for hypervisors
Last modified: 2014-09-18 11:32:38 EDT
Description of problem:
The dashboard "System Subscription Status" widget does not appear to include hypervisors in its totals. These do show up (and show up as green) in Systems > All. This apparent discrepancy, while possibly intended, is confusing.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register one RHEL system to Katello
2. Manually create one system within Katello itself
3. Register one or more hypervisors to katello - can use 'vsphere-virt-who-simulator.py' for this.
4. Go to Dashboard and view "System Subscription Status widget"
5. Go to Systems tab and view All systems.
* Dashboard shows system from steps 1-2 above (likely in various states of compliance)
* Systems > All shows > 2 systems -- it includes the hypervisor(s) one has created, as green.
* Show hypervisors in Dashboard count
* It may well be the case that Dashboard widget is not expected to show hypervisors. I am not sure. But if it's not, we should include a small amount of text or a help bubble indicating that this count does not include hypervisors seen on the Systems page.
Fixed in newer candlepin (0.5.29 or later)
CloudForms System Engine Version: 1.1.12-7.el6cf
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
getting rid of 6.0.0 version since that doesn't exist