Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 809276
Evolution email display lockup
Last modified: 2012-04-03 21:25:13 EDT
Created attachment 574678 [details]
Typical email causing Evolution message display lockup
Description of problem:
Attached typical message locks up Evolution display
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Every time, with the attached email (saved in mbox format).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start evolution. Get email from upstream (mine comes from 2 pop sources)
2. Read emails. When you get to this one (typical, one comes every day like it), it partially displays, and disables further email displays in preview or mail pop-out.
3. Quit. Restart evolution. Note that the same behaviour is 100% repeatable for the current message.
4. Delete the fault-causing message. Note that the message content display is locked up.
5. Quit Evolution. Restart Evolution.
6. Note that with the fatal message deleted, all other emails can be normally read and handled. Poor workaround.
Evolution preview and/or message display window panes are locked up after reading the offending typical message.
Evolution does not lockup under any conditions.
This is a tracking bug. Also filed at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=673393
Up-to-date Fedora 16 untainted, using AMD processor and the normal ATI open-source driver. System is very stable other than this bug.
Thanks for a bug report. It'll be good to not duplicate the work, both for you and for me. Things which are not fedora related (which is sometimes hard do decide) are usually treated upstream, instead of here.
Anyway, can this be the same issue as in bug #808319, please?
Yup, the workaround posted in bug #808319 seems to work.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 808319 ***