Description of problem:
Anaconda fails while trying to 'Autopartition' a new hard-disk.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RedHat Linux 8.0 Images
Always! (Even though the there are NO *docs* image files in the directory)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. New Hard disk (120GB), created Primary DOS Partition only using full
available space and formatted it.
2. Copied image (psyche*1.iso thru psyche*5.iso) and MD5sum into a
3. Started to load using a floppy disk created using rawrite.
4. Used 'linux text noprobe' at 'boot' prompt.
5. I select 'Server' installation.
6. It goes properly upto where we need to select 'partitioning tools' out
of 'Autopartition' or 'Disk Druid' or 'fdisk'.
7. The problem occurs when I select either of the methods.
(After this the drive becomes non-readable where-in I have to redo fdisk and
Traceback(most recent call last)
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 694 in?
intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)
I Have HP_Pavilion System, Intel Pentium II, 400 Mhz Processor, 13GB Primary
HDD, 192 MB RAM.
Added a western digital 120 GB HDD and am trying to use this hard disk
exclusively for Linux.
Are you given the option to write out an error log when the installation fails?
If so please attach as that will help us diagnose the issue.
Created attachment 89112 [details]
The additional info you asked for
Were you trying to install to the partition containing the ISO images by chance?
Closing due to inactivity - please reopen if you have additional information to
add to this report.