Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 809432
Missing localization of some keys
Last modified: 2018-02-06 14:19:19 EST
Description of problem:
Certain (mostly new) items in EPP are not localized properly and only shown in English even if you switch the portal to a different language. I verified that with Czech, but I assume some items are missing in other languages as well as new features were added.
List of items with missing translation (Czech):
- whole Site Export/Import gadget
- whole Services Management gadget
- "Site", "Group", "Dashboard" items in the main portal menu
- "Label", "Description", "Skin", "Show info bar by default" in the portal configuration dialog
- "Extended label mode" in the node configuration dialog
- "Page Selector", "Page Id", "Title", "Create page", "Search and select page" in the page selection part of the node configuration dialog
- "Title", "Site name", "Type" in the Page Management portlet
- "Categories" in the "Portlet" section of Application Registry portlet
- "Subscribe", "Reset" buttons in the Register Portlet
- certain error messages - e.g. "The field "Uživatelské jméno" must end with a character or digit instead of "č". Only alpha lower, digit, dot and underscore lowercase characters are allowed for the field "Uživatelské jméno"." when attempting to create a user with invalid username
List of items translated incorrectly (Czech):
- footer message should be "Copyright © 2010. Všechna práva vyhrazena, Red Hat, Inc"
- "uživatelské jméno" in "Group Management" section should be "Uživatelské jméno"
- "Toto uživatelské heslo je dostupné." should be "Toto uživatelské jméno je dostupné." (message confirming the availability of a user name in the Register Portlet)
i've made some scripts, to find out more about missing translations. first of all, the translation files are in two formats: xml and properties. i believe this should be unified (to properties files). I'm attaching the list of .xml translation files, which were found with:
$find jboss-epp-5.2/jboss-as/server/default/deploy -wholename '*classes/locale*.xml'
for finding the inconsistencies (missing lines compared to default translation) i've written a combination of bash/python script. I'm attaching it as a zip. It just takes single parameter - the path to directory where to perform search. it seeks for the property files in '*classes/locale*' directories, which don't have '_xx' in their names. with this script i was able to find missing lines:
i'm attaching the result of script as well.
the last problem is, that some of the properties files have single key defined twice. i don't have list of such files.
Created attachment 594547 [details]
locales in xml format
Created attachment 594548 [details]
missing translated elements in non-english files
Created attachment 594549 [details]
script for finding missing locale lines
As this is old would be good to verify this against ER03