Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 811801
popt has problems with unicode characters
Last modified: 2013-11-24 13:16:15 EST
Popt has apparently problems with unicode characters.
I tried to include some in the descrip and argDescrip field of the
option table, e.g.
- either directly "foo“”bar"
- or escaped "foo\u201c\u201dbar"
and then using the auto help functionallity.
popt reacts quite strangely sometimes it justs works and the characters
are printed correctly, sometimes it however skips the unicode characters
and all between them, but not necessarily for all the unicode characters used
"\u201cfoo\u201d bar \u201cbaz\u201d"
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 19 development cycle.
Changing version to '19'.
(As we did not run this process for some time, it could affect also pre-Fedora 19 development
cycle bugs. We are very sorry. It will help us with cleanup during Fedora 19 End Of Life. Thank you.)
More information and reason for this action is here:
I am very sorry, but I do really not see how I could help here as Fedora is
downstream of popt. But http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0268.html is a
forward of this request to upstream for discussions there.
Upstream replied to this at http://rpm5.org/community/popt-devel/0280.html -
from my point of view, there is nothing left thus I am closing this report.
In case you disagree with me, feel free to subscribe popt-devel mailing list
at upstream and let us discuss your point directly with upstream.