Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 811856
Add features in build: lvm-snapshot, btrfs-snapshot, unit testing
Last modified: 2012-06-13 17:36:06 EDT
Description of problem:
current schroot has no 'lvm-snapshot' support
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create an 'lvm-snapshot' configuration file:
description=Debian unstable LVM snapshot
2. run 'schroot -l'
The reason is very simple. The schroot configure script check during
build if both lvcreate/lvremove exists. If not, than it compiles
the code without 'lvm-snapshot' support.
* Add a BuildRequires: lvm2
* I don't currently use btrfs, but 'btrfs-snapshot' is also turned off
because of similar test. Maybe it's time to add this support as well.
* Note: bug #600636 comment #4 contains a minor patch to lockdev.
With this patch, schroot finally can be used by non-root users
on 'lvm-snapshot' schroots.
* Supporting also btrfs-snapshot:
- Add BR: btrfs-progs enable this feature in schroot
- Build tested, but cannot use this feature now, since I don't have
any btrfs filesystems.
* Support unit testing:
- Add BR: cppunit-devel
- Add BR: fakeroot
- Add to the .spec file:
fakeroot make check
- The unit testing works either with/without the LVM and BTRFS changes
(without them, these features simply runs 0 tests)
New rawhide build:
* Thu Apr 12 2012 Zach Carter <email@example.com> - 1.4.25-1
- New upstream version (removes need for gcc47-patch)
- Add BR to enable unit tests, lvm snapshot, btrfs snapshot support (BZ 811856)
- Add schroot-test-sbuild-util-path.patch
schroot-1.4.25-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
schroot-1.4.25-3.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
Browsing the build.log, there is a minor man-pages build bug.
Example (around line 678 of the log):
make: [schroot-setup.5] Error 127 (ignored)
/bin/sh: I: command not found
From looking in the man/Makefile.am, it seems the problem is caused
by missing definition of $(SOELIM) which should be found by ./configure.
The configure.ac indeed looks for SOELIM and looking again in the build.log
shows it did not find the soelim(1) program in the mock chroot.
On Fedora, soelim(1) is provided by groff which should be added to the BR of the package.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 16 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing schroot-1.4.25-3.fc16'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
schroot-1.4.25-4.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
schroot-1.4.25-7.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
schroot-1.4.25-4.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
schroot-1.4.25-7.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.