Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 811892
[as7]Improve deployment semantics in domain mode
Last modified: 2013-09-01 05:57:22 EDT
From Bug 767974 :
Still this needs more work as the "deployment" type needs to be better
specified for server-group and managed server level
* you don't want to upload content to individual managed servers
* the server-group has no notion of the "hash"
* different server groups may want to run different apps with the same runtime
* ManagedServer get a MSDeployment type that does not allow create/delete
* users need to be presented with runtime-name+name so distinguish what to deploy where.
Note that we have a general issue in RHQ here : deploying to a server group and undeploying
only directly manipulates the RHQ-resources on server group level.
The deployments on managed server level
- are not directly added to the inventory
- are not (directly) removed from inventory
RHQ currently has no mechanism to e.g. trigger re-scans (which for a server group can even span multiple agents) or to auto-remove those un-deployed files.
Please see note in comment 2
Bulk closing of items that are on_qa and in old RHQ releases, which are out for a long time and where the issue has not been re-opened since.