Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 812740
Unable to delete the images under a deleted cloud
Last modified: 2012-12-04 10:03:43 EST
Created attachment 577643 [details]
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Created a cloud CLoud_shv and created some images under it as non admin user
2. Next i deleted this cloud as admin.
3. images shows N/A under cloud ( fine ) but there is no way to delete such images as shown in the attached screenshot.
rpm -qa|grep aeolus
There are more options how to fix this:
1) don't allow delete provider accounts and providers which have built/pushed images and dysplay warning that these images should be deleted first
2) auto-destroy images when associated provider account is deleted
3) don't delete images when associated provider account is deleted, but show them on image build page and allow to delete them
I would suggest option 1) - it's easy to implement and quite clean.
Option 1 looks good for the 1.1 release.
pushed in master, commit: 2628b0019825eae76439e05e1b000015f50b7b13
pushed in 1.1, commit: 6981c543cadcba94776e13589c6caa80fc794ddc
patch in 1.1 was not cherry-picked from master but pushed directly because patch in master is slightly different.
in build aeolus-conductor-0.13.3-1.el6cf
Now displayed warning message "There are following associated images: rhel62_rhem, imp-rhevm. Delete them first." when tried to delete a cloud with images
moving to verified
rpm -qa | grep aeolus
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.