Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 812836
RFE: queue with requests for job at machine in private pool
Last modified: 2013-04-17 01:35:22 EDT
It would be nice to be able schedule job in private pools.
Solution can be based on request to owner of machine.
(email, request queue in beaker view, etc)
1. I would like to use some machine what is not mine, but is possile to schedule automated job there
2. I create some job request (same as job recipe now, but only request)
* for example via bkr command with option --request it means it don't schedule job, but only create request to machine owner
3. machine owner is able to see request in some type of queue (email, web iface, RT)
4. In case machine owner decide that machine is free, he don't need the machnine, he permit to schedule job in queue, (or he click at request, and the request will be tranformed to normal job schduled under his accountant (user what requested it, will be on job CC list)
Nowadays situation, it that it is possible to do it via direct email contact with owner and ask him if it is possible to run some task on his machine.
There is no uniform way how to do similar request.
It allow us to schedule jobs on HW which is not directly aviable for us, in case owner decide to do it for other people.
Uniform way how to ask machine owner to run job for another people.
This bug is alternative solution for bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=809027
What do you think, is it senseful idea to have some type of request?
Bulk reassignment of issues as Bill has moved to another team.
We have no current plans to support a queue with manual intervention for third party system access.
Instead, we plan to implement a more flexible prioritization system that allows system owners to grant access to other users, while still allowing jobs from the appropriate groups to have higher priority. See http://beaker-project.org/dev/proposals/effective-job-priorities.html for more details.