Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 81319
.RPMs give "Unknown Error" message.
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:04 EDT
Description of problem:
Problem started when .MP3's wouldn't play (after 'upgrading' from 8.0 to
Phoebe). I attempted to reinstall the xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-13.i386.rpm (from
http://www.xmms.org) plugin. When I ran the .rpm from a Konqueror window, I got
an error message: "Unknown Error". At first, I thought this was attempt to keep
users from using .MP3's. But I decided to try a few more .RPM's and got the
same error message.
I really wish that RedHat would stop trying to keep me from playing my songs.
If it's been done once, and I installed a plugin, RedHat should just leave it at
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download .RPM from xmms.org.
2. Attempt to install it from a Konqueror window (in KDE) or Nautilus window
3. Receive error message.
Received error message: "Unknown Error"
Expected results: Expectec package to be installed.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 80283 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.