1. Proposed title of this feature request
- need gnome mixer applet for rhel6
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account name:DreamWorks Animation SKG
TAM/SRM customer: yes (TAM=Heath Petty,Dan Kinon), SRM = David Shin
Strategic Customer: yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
mixer applet from rhel-5 built for rhel-6
This is required for volume control when using alsaloop since the current volume control applet uses pulse.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Require this in conjunction with new alsaloop functionality to push out RHEL6 in their desktop environment.
"we'll be using alsaloop and not pulseaudio and our users are used to volume control using the mixer applet versus the alsamixer tui utility"
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
- Needed as soon as we have the kernel fixes in case: 00608626
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.