Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 816680
Child availability still up with down parent after shutdown operation on AS5
Last modified: 2013-08-31 05:55:30 EDT
A possible regression because I'm fairly sure this was working. But I
just saw the following and it didn't seem environmental. I'll have to
check it out:
1) AS5 into inventory
2) Make sure it is running and showing GREEN avail
3) Shutdown via operation
4) After successful shutdown wait between 30-60s for
the requested lifecycle avail check to take place
and report to the server.
The AS should show RED as should all of its children.
But I'm seeing a change only for the AS.
This looks like a real regression. Working it.
- remove some confusion between use of null and UNKNOWN
- remove some confusion around NOT UP and DOWN
- improve some logic around deferring to a parent's DOWN status
- protect against invalid return values from AvailabilityFacet.getAvailability() impls
In addition to the reproduction steps, try a start operation as well,
which brings resources UP as opposed to DOWN. or anything else that
you can think of.
Verified on build#1429 (Version: 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: e566c0a)
Verified availability with stop and start operations. The AS resource and it's child resources are DOWN after stop operation and UP after start operation.
Also verified availability by stopping AS5 instance manually with <ctl C> and then starting manually again.