Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 817924
Can't edit a Drift Definition Template ...IE8 and FF10
Last modified: 2013-09-03 11:05:31 EDT
Description of problem: Can't enter a Drift Definition Template ...IE8 and FF10
Steps to Reproduce:
1. try to edit a Drift Definition Template
2. try to change an interval ... or edit any value
Actual results: can't
Expected results: can
i meant to write 'edit' not 'enter' in the description above
QE ticket added to add UI automation here to detect this regression next time
usability enhancement needed here to indicate that this is not editable.
Some relevant questions:
* Was it a plugin-defined template or a user-defined template?
* Are you trying to edit the template as the same user who created it?
* What button/link did you click to edit the template? (You can get to the details by clicking either the template name or the edit icon)
* What was the resource type?
We do not support editing plugin-defined templates. We do however support editing user-defined templates. When you edit a template, changes are only propagated to attached definitions. A definition that is pinned to a template is by definition attached to that template. An unpinned definition is by default attached to the template from which it is created; however you have the option to detach it. Note that deletes are propagated according to the same rules as well.
per BZ triage ... crouch, loleary, foley
This seems to be working fine. I suspect they tried to edit a plugin-defined template. As John says above, that's not allowed. Only editing user-defined templates is allowed.
I suggest this be closed.
JON 3.1.1 ER1 build is available. Moving to ON_QA.
Plugin-defined templates are not editable wile the user-defined one are fully editable.
Bulk closing of old issues in VERIFIED state.