Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 818511
ltrace -l option does nothing
Last modified: 2015-05-04 21:36:58 EDT
Description of problem:
According to the man page, it's supposed to limit the
output to just the symbols from the named library. However
on Fedora 17 it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
$ ltrace -l /lib64/libselinux.so.1 ls -lZ
(0, 0, 2, 3, 128) = 0x3e8a221280
__libc_start_main(0x402a40, 2, 0x7fff7bf0a588, 0x4122f0, 0x412380 <unfinished ...>
strrchr("ls", '/') = NULL
setlocale(6, "") = "en_GB.UTF-8"
bindtextdomain("coreutils", "/usr/share/locale") = "/usr/share/locale"
textdomain("coreutils") = "coreutils"
__cxa_atexit(0x40ab90, 0, 0, 0x736c6974756572, 3) = 0
isatty(1) = 1
getenv("QUOTING_STYLE") = NULL
getenv("COLUMNS") = NULL
ioctl(1, 21523, 0x7fff7bf0a130) = 0
Note that glibc calls are still being shown.
I also tried other programs and other libraries, but the -l
option did not appear to have any effect.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. ltrace -l <some_library> <program>
-l option doesn't affect the output.
-l option should limit the output to the selected libraries.
Hmm, so people actually do use -l. I should implement this on the upstream libs branch and in F18, that's not supported at all right now.
It should work on F17 though, I'm not aware of any changes that would break this. I'll look into it.
This is silly. ltrace simply overwrote the internal counter of loaded libraries
with 0 on start-up.
ltrace-0.6.0-11.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
I tested this on a couple of libraries and it now
seems to be doing the right thing. Thanks for the
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing ltrace-0.6.0-11.fc17'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
ltrace-0.6.0-11.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.