Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 821100
Unable to add metric graphs to user-defined Monitor View page
Last modified: 2013-08-31 06:10:45 EDT
Description of problem:
Users are able to create custom Monitor View pages for a resource (<resource> -> Monitor -> Graphs) but there is no method to add a metric to the user-defined view. By default, the view contains the default graph layout used by the *Default* monitor view page but there is no way to add new metrics to the custom graph view.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select Monitoring > Graphs tab of RHQ Server resource
2. Select *Create New View* from *Action* drop-down
3. Enter `My New View` for *Name* and click *OK*
4. Remove all metrics from graph by clicking on the *X* icon in the top right corner of each individual metric graph
5. Right-click on RHQ Server resource in left navigation tree
6. Select *Measurements -> Active Thread Count -> Add Graph to Monitor View
If *Active Thread Count* metric graph has been removed from *Default* view, it is added back to the *Default* view but it does not show up on the *My New View* view and there appears to be no option to make that happen.
An option to add *Active Thread Count* metric graph to the *My New View* view.
It appears that there is no UI capability to add a metric/measurement graph to the user-defined view, however, it seems that perhaps *Add Graph to Monitor View* is intended to be contextual. Meaning that if I have the graph view *My New View* selected, the *Add Graph to Monitor View* action should add it to the currently visible view. I am suggested that because if you navigate away from the Monitoring / Graphs view, the *Add Graph to Monitor View* context-menu item goes away.
Wed May 16 15:19:13 2012 +0200 564ec48 (HEAD, origin/master, origin/HEAD, master) [BZ 821100] Adding new metrics into currently selected view using the user's preferences [jkremser]
Setting Target Release appropriately
Bulk close of old bugs in VERIFIED state.