Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 823497
Last modified: 2013-10-06 20:25:20 EDT
Description of problem:
Quickstarts examples contain a few bugs/inconsistencies in ER10:
* <datagrid.version> is 5.1.5.CR1 but this should be OK once CR1 is out :)
(after changing to ER10 the examples worked)
* carmart (non-transactional) now contains jdg.properties file but datagrid.properties is still referenced from com.jboss.datagrid.carmart.session.CacheContainerProvider.java
* connectors in datagrid subsystem depend on cache-container="local" but endpoint examples define (suggested in readme files) cache-container name="default" -> the server does not start properly, we should change the readme files to work with cache-container named "local"
* transactional-carmart uses <groupId>org.jboss.jbossts</groupId>
<version>4.14.0.Final</version> in Tomcat profile, I noticed we are shipping the jar now so we should change the version in the pom file to align with the one being shipped
There are still some issues around quickstarts. Especially more issues because I used a JDG maven repo prepared as a zip file.
Issues that remains since ER10 and were not fixed:
1) connectors in datagrid subsystem depend on cache-container="local" but endpoint examples define (suggested in readme files) cache-container name="default" -> the server does not start properly, we should change the readme files to work with cache-container named "local"
2) HotRod endpoint example cannot be built because the prepared maven repo is missing the following dependencies:
3) readme file for endpoint examples contain listener-executor="infinispan-listener" in Infinispan subsystem configuration, but this executor is not defined in standalone.xml shipped with JDG so the cache finally does not start properly. Removing this listener-executor fixes the problem
4) carmart examples is missing the following dependencies in the prepared maven repo:
5) carmart-transactional now defines a dependency to jbossjta-4.16.4.Final-redhat-1.jar but it does not enable users to install it into local maven repo by "mvn initialize -Pinit-repo" - similar to how other needed libraries are installed
6) carmart-transactional (after manual installing of jbossts to local repo) fails to deploy to tomcat7 -> slf4j version mismatch:
Jun 1, 2012 1:55:29 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive /home/mgencur/containers/tomcat7/apache-tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/carmart-quickstart-tx.war
SLF4J: The requested version 1.5.10 by your slf4j binding is not compatible with [1.6]
Adding an explicit dependency to slf4j helps here, e.g.:
7) carmart-transactional (after adding the explicit dependency on slf4j) is still not able to deploy to tomcat 7 because of a problem with JBossTS. The productized version throws the attached exception. When I changed this version to "4.16.4.Final" (notice missing -redhat-1), the application got running without problem.
Created attachment 588425 [details]
JBossTS error on Tomcat
And one more issue... carmart (non-transactional) need the following dependency to be added in its "remote" maven profile:
I admit this one should have been spotted earlier.
Tristan: before officially delivering CR tag, we should verify that all quick start examples work. Martin can help pre-verify if needed.
Steve had talked about this in meeting as well.
The following dependencies are still missing in the maven repo (CR2) and the transactional carmart example's build fails in the Tomcat profile:
All other bugs were fixed.
Martin, could you please test this: http://download.lab.bos.redhat.com/devel/jdg/stage/exchange/jboss-datagrid-maven-repository-6.0.0.CR2.zip
Tested. This repo looks good already.
Move to GA, per ttarrant on #jdg