Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 823860
Broken links on installer/start.jsf page
Last modified: 2013-09-11 06:58:13 EDT
Created attachment 585989 [details]
Description of problem:
All links on installer/start.jsf page are broken. See attached picture
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
marking this urgent.
For reference, here is an example of one of the broken links:
There are two issues here.
1. This is my fault; it's a bit inside baseball, but when I rebuilt the docs, I accidentally changed the "chunk section depth" on the docs -- meaning, the section level that creates the HTML page. If I change that, the server-properties.html page will exist. I am rebuilding that now, and a new version should be on the docs site in a couple of hours.
2. The URL itself is improperly formatted. The link is....
But that's not right. It should be...
Even if I fix the page, it's possible the link still won't work because it's not properly formatted.
git commit to MASTER: f053977
this doesn't fix this issue, but...
the korean and chinese i18n props files had the help url props in them. No need to do this since these aren't really strings that need translation and if we ever change these url fragments (which we need to in this bz), we need to not only change the java code that produces the default message .props but we would then have to remember to change these
files. Taking these out won't break anything since those languages will not have these props in their own .props file thus will fallback to the default messages props file which WILL have them (they are autogenerated by the java code)
I have a workaround, since the wiki requires the "-" to be appended to the end of the server.props URL.
If the JON link is set to...
With the # sign at the end, I *think* it will create a URL like...
In that case, it just goes to the top of server-properties.html.
It's not a direct link, but it also doesn't return a 404, so that's something.
git commit to MASTER 5dce85d will now no longer require the "-" as a prefix to each startup property. As long as the anchor labels are the same (i.e. the string after each "-"), we can change the doc root to whatever JON uses and it should work.
git commit to the jon release/3.1.x branch: 33b2cd764979b2f38a7a787308b7d59669523639
I need to cherry pick rhq master 5dce85d and f053977 to rhq release/3.1.x which is needed for the links
(In reply to comment #8)
> I need to cherry pick rhq master 5dce85d and f053977 to rhq release/3.1.x
> which is needed for the links
Actually, I only needed to cherry pick rhq master's 5dce85d (the other one only dealt with non-english i18n files, and since the jon 3.1 won't support those, no need for that commit).
I did cherry pick the other since it had a change to the I18N resource keys (we strip out the hardcoded "-" character). That is rhq release/jon3.1.x branch commit 74928ec
Setting to MODIFIED, this will be in ER6
another commit to the 3.1.x branch: 30ed86d9460fdaa8ab4b51343c6e7309be087376
fixes the drift doc link
(In reply to comment #11)
> another commit to the 3.1.x branch: 30ed86d9460fdaa8ab4b51343c6e7309be087376
> fixes the drift doc link
the master commit for this fix is: 55d5002e7be3ce85af0b7e39edacbec95a62806a
(In reply to comment #12)
> (In reply to comment #11)
> > another commit to the 3.1.x branch: 30ed86d9460fdaa8ab4b51343c6e7309be087376
> > fixes the drift doc link
> the master commit for this fix is: 55d5002e7be3ce85af0b7e39edacbec95a62806a
someone put the voodoo on me for this BZ. when I committed this, I put the wrong BZ # in the commit message (826715).
Moving to ON_QA since this is included in the CR2 build.
Verified on 3.1.0.CR3