Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 824005
UXD enhancements to Recent Alerts Page
Last modified: 2014-07-07 12:24:18 EDT
Created attachment 586050 [details]
New Recent Alerts Mockup
Description of problem:
Scenario: User wants to easily see what has been viewed/acknowledged in their recent alerts and have an easy way to filter between the two.
Solution: Bold Text will be used to differentiate between the what has been selected and what needs to be addressed. A filer will be incorporated next to the priority filter allowing the user to filer by All, Viewed, Not Viewed.
See attached mockup.
Changes based on new conversations...
I suggest the following modifications to the previous recommendation -
1. Remove the Bold typeface for unacknowledged messages.
2. Rename the column that provides status of whether something is acknowledged to "Acknowledged" - Only those rows that have been acknowledged will have the check mark
3. Make the 'Acknowledged' column sortable and remove the newly proposed filter for this purpose. Column should sort between date received ( unsorted- default); unacknowledged on the top; acknowledged on the top and then back to date received ( unsorted- default)
4. Since this is another read only list with batch actions to acknowledge, we should follow what we worked out for batch actions earlier in the context of scheduling metrics for the display of checkboxes etc.
5. The user should be able to inline edit any single row and then the value for that row in the 'Ackowledged' column will be a check box that can be checked or unchecked.
Undoing my changes for the filtering based on design change and replacing with batch editing capability.
Bump the target version now that 4.11 is out.
Didn't make 4.12, moving to 4.13.