Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 824391
The instructions for using MySQL database in Petclinic example are obsolete
Last modified: 2012-11-30 10:35:19 EST
Description of problem:
The guideline how to switch database to MySQL is obsolete in Petclinic example.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. follow the guideline src/main/resources/db/mysql/petclinic_db_setup_mysql.txt
Uncommenting the MySQL JDBC Connector in pom.xml causes error:
Missing artifact com.mysql.jdbc:com.springsource.com.mysql.jdbc:jar:5.1.6
Petclinic is deployable and uses MySQL database.
The MySQL JBDC Connector is OK now, but the content of file src/main/resources/db/mysql/petclinic_db_setup_mysql.txt is still obsolete. If the file is not going to be removed, it should be updated.
What I miss:
3) there is no longer the createDB.txt but there are two scripts for DB initialization now, initDB.txt and populate.DB.txt
4) there are more than one jdbc.properties currently, each one for different profile. The files can be found at src/main/environments/<environment>/resources/jbdc.properties
- the name of datasource has to be changed in persistence.xml and applicationContextDatasource.xml, because the default ExampleDS is not going to be used.
- note that tests will fail after migration to MySQL
- maybe link to the page describing how to configure the MySQL datasource for AS7
Removed the faulty instruction file.
Verified in WFK 2.1.0.ER2.
Distributed as a part of WFK 2.1.0.GA release.